The NIE number is a tax identification number, known as the NIE, or more formally the Número de Identidad de Extranjero.
This identification number is fundamental for foreigners resident in Spain to manage many legal or burocratic
What is the NIE and what is used for?
The NIE is a document that foreign people who live in Spain need for identification purposes. It is a sequence, personal and unique number. It is one of the first requirements for foreign people who want to stay in Spain. It allows them to manage any theme, from obtaining a social security number to transfer money or have access to buy a house
How can we get the INE?
In order to obtain the INE, we must provide with the following documentation:
- Application Form (EX-15), filled and signed properly.
- Original and copy of the Passport or identity document, travel document or valid registration card
- A notification with the economic, professional or social reasons to justify the application.
- When the NIE is applied via a legal representative, it also necessary to present a power of attorney in with the causes of the application, as well as a photocopy of the passport.
- Depending on we are in Spain or not, the INE can be applied in any Foreign Office, embassy or consulate office of the country where we live.
- If the power has been delivered outside Spain it must be accompanied by the Apostille certification.
- If the power of attorney it is not in Spanish language, it must be translated by a sworn translator.